1. The Applicant must have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Taxation Office.
2. The Applicant must be an Australian Registered Charity and be listed on the register maintained by the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission.
3. The Applicant’s core business is providing programs to relieve extreme suffering in areas such as:
- Medical Assistance
- Community Homeless Services
- Domestic Violence
- Child Neglect and Abuse
- Extreme Poverty
- Disabled Care
- Natural Disaster Relief
- Animal Cruelty
- Higher Education
4. Religious Persecution Campaigns will be considered for specific projects and/or core costs and general operating expenses.
5. The following applicants are not eligible:
- Individual applicants
- Political organisations
- Foundations that are themselves grant-making bodies
- Mainstream schools and sport clubs