- The One Light Charity Foundation accepts and acknowledges receipt of applications, and may seek further information or clarification from the applicant.
- The relevant committee will then consider the application and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- The Directors have a legal and moral obligation to ensure that funds dispersed will be managed so as to maximise their benefit in accordance with the objectives of the Foundation. In assessing applications the Directors must be satisfied that structures are in place to provide proper accountability and that there is evidence of the ability to report on measurable outcomes.
- The Board considers many more applications than can be funded and as a result the final decision will be made based on the recommendations of the evaluating committee. The Board will take into consideration factors such as, but not limited to; eligibility of the organisation, benefit to the community and criteria met.
- Provision of grants will be subject to a commitment by the successful applicant that the One Light Charity Foundation’s contribution to the program be publicised whenever and wherever appropriate.